Freelance Journalist Opportunity in the Denver Area
From breaking news to city council and the cop shop, to high street businesses – if you think telling people what they need to know about what’s happening locally is journalism’s most important job, then Patch has an opportunity for you.
If you move fast and follow efficient routines – and have a great sense of humor – we need you on our team at Patch and you want to be here.
- We are currently looking for a part-time freelance breaking news reporter/local news curator in the Denver area, specifically denver, Arvada, Boulder, Lakewood and Littleton.
- This person will monitor breaking news across Colorado. This real-time reporting role will offer something new every day. You will own the latest news and use a list of digital tools, such as Dataminr, Newswhip and CrowdTangle, to serve our growing audience.
» PITCH YOURSELF: VISIT THIS PAGE TO APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
You will need to know the lay of the land and be able to find information applicable to a specific community. Also, you are:
- able to commit to 20 hours per week
- obsessed with telling readers what they need to know about their communities
- enthusiastic, competitive and innovative
- capable of transforming an intelligent and precise title
- social media and SEO enthusiast
- tech savvy and always eager to learn something new
Patch serves our communities by providing trusted local journalism, covering the issues that matter most and celebrating the people and stories that make each city unique. Patch privileges talent, dynamism, diversity and the capacity for evolution rather than references and homogeneity. To learn more about Patch, visit this page.