Altice USA is a leading communications, media and technology company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge-watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach is built around technologies that push boundaries and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We are building a workforce that attracts and retains top talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are not the only ones to have seen it; we were recently recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Top Employers as well as the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine and Cablefax for our diversity and inclusion program.
News 12 is the leader in hyperlocal news, weather, traffic, politics, investigations and more, delivering award-winning 24/7 coverage in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Westchester and the Hudson Valley and available on News12.com and the mobile app. In addition, News 12+ offers 5 local traffic and weather channels. Plus, you can now see the best of News 12 from across the tri-state area in one place with
News 12 NY. 24/7 live streaming to Tubi, PLEX, Vizio, Amazon’s Fire TV news app, Local Now and YouTube.
News 12 is looking for a creative and dynamic News Producer who will be responsible for preparing story summaries, overseeing and executing the production of key video and graphics assets with guidance from the Executive Producer. The producer makes important editorial decisions and guides the talents, writers, associate producers and technical team in the control room. Additionally, the line producer must be able to create segments and develop story ideas from inception to airing. They will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day changes and working with the show director and production team to block the newscast. This includes editorial discussions, script writing, package production, graphics, off-show teasers, show timing and on-the-ground coordination. They are the main conduit for anchors through IFB. They must calmly manage changes and breaking news during the show and ensure that all content meets News 12 Network’s standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• A minimum of two years of experience as a news producer is required.
• Organize a strong, compelling, audience-focused recap and implement the newscast vision.
• Must always be ready to break in with the latest news or developing stories.
• Requires a leader who knows how to determine the best stories for the newscast and the ability to delegate tasks to associate producers, assignment editors and video editors.
• Must possess a strong collaborative spirit and understand the vision and creativity required to manage a newscast as well as manage a production team to accomplish that vision.
• Must possess the ability to come up with solid story ideas, utilize all available resources, be a team player and thrive in a highly competitive news environment.
• Strong writing skills are essential, including teasing writing, exceptional editorial skills and the ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative and captivating television.
• Must be able to develop story ideas, research and plan segments.
• Knowledge of current and local events and policy required.
Altice USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified individuals of all backgrounds without regard to sex, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender. identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment which may include personal identifiers, professional or employment-related information, photos, education information, and/or classifications protected under federal and state laws. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background checks, human resources administration, and compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
Requirements for this position include demonstrating either full COVID-19 vaccination status or weekly COVID-19 testing provided by the company.