Part-Time Temporary News Producer | DECLINE 15
WANE, Fort Wayne’s news and weather leader, is currently accepting applications for a temporary, part-time news producer. This position does not have regular hours and could include mornings, evenings and weekends. They will serve as a backup producer for vacancies/vacancies and voids. Must possess shooting, writing and editing abilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produces reports for all platforms.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Write stories clearly and concisely.
- Assists in writing, editing, researching, and coordinating programming and other content.
- Responds to breaking and other newsroom emergencies as needed.
- Writes web stories daily for their content.
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
- Publications on the web and social networks.
Requirements & Skills:
- A high school diploma is required. A bachelor’s degree in journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience is a plus.
- fluent English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to write a story from start to finish.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
- Must pass a background check to hire
The news producer must be able to sit down, conduct telephone conversations, use e-mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups , to make decisions without supervision, to make decisions that impact the results of colleagues, to work in close proximity to others, to occasionally work outdoors in all weather conditions, and the news producer must be able to lift , set up and use equipment weighing up to 25 pounds and be able to manipulate, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are necessary. Work may be performed in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
ALL applicants should apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar. Please upload your CV.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.